Saturday, April 20, 2013

Doctor Who? And yes I'm still alive.

Hello Bloggy Universe. Yes. I'm still here.  Dec got busy then I got caught up in the do I post my Christmas projects because now it's Jan/Feb/March/April....Or catch up on other things that now happened long ago? Or do I just jump right in where I am now....And somehow that got me stuck in a cycle of not posting at all.

So now I'm just jumping in. With a little catch up thrown in there for kicks :)

A very special person to me delivered her third son in Jan. Her and her husband(because they are awesome) decided to do the nursery up in a Doctor Who theme. Being a fan I knew I had to contribute to the room. I decided, despite the fact that I'd never cross stitched before, that I needed to do a cross stitched T.A.R.D.I.S . I may be a little insane sometimes, one really shouldn't try something for the first time that is intended as a gift. But I persevered and loved the end product. Just don't look at the back. Really. It's not pretty.

Ta-Da!

The baby was overdue. The first 2 where on time or early. I blame myself. I had told the baby that it couldn't come until I was done working on my project. Wouldn't you know it but the baby came just hours after I finished. I didn't realize I held that kind of power or I would have made sure I was done much sooner....Oops! :)

 
In the nursery.











On a related note Caroline from Trillium Design and Soma from Whims and Fancies announced a Doctor Who themed Quilt-A-Long today! I am SO excited! I really do not need another project but seriously how could I say no? It starts on May 7th. Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. really really awesome. Use those powers for good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Michelle! Welcome back to blogging! Your T.A.R.D.I.S. turned out so well! Nice to see it in the nursery.

    I hope your friend has forgiven you for the two extra weeks of pregnancy she had to endure while the baby waited for you to finish this project!

    It's been so much fun to see you get hooked on quilting this year. Joining the Doctor Who QAL sounds like a perfect fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, This is the second blog I have visited today that Dr. who got mentioned and I have never watched the show. Did you see this post? http://stlouisfolkvictorian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete